Make sure you have a decent block of time. It helps if it is raining, snowing or a bad weather day in general - no anxiety about missing anything in the outside world..
Supplies: big black garbage bags, option : a glass of wine or two ( only if it's after five- but it's probably after 5 somewhere )
- Do the easy things first- the ratty t shirts, sweatshirts, clothes with stains or the ones that just look past their prime - don't forget your underwear and sock drawer either -
- Shoes - the ones that never fit right , the beat up ones that are beyond saving, the ones you got on the sale rack that were never worn but were a really great deal... (If you have to keep the ones from that special first date, your wedding etc., than you have my blessing! Just put them up top somewhere so as not use up precious closet space..)
- Handbags - Here you should be really picky - keep the ones you love and banish the rest!
- Ok now comes the "hard" part - your clothing. Don't panic...
- Does it still fit?
- Does it flatter?
- Do I still like it?
- Would this look better on my daughter even though it still fits me?
- Does it suit my current lifestyle?
If the task of sifting through extra clutter in your closet is still overwhelming, contact me...
The end result: reward yourself this season and go shopping for a few new things....
Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for reading, Lori